Wednesday, September 7, 2011

bard's beer co.

I must admit, I feel badly for anyone that might have a gluten allergy. No bread? No crackers? No oatmeal? I'm not sure I would be able to handle that. And, worst of all, no beer.

Well, until recently. Bard's Beer offers a gluten-free beer to those who would otherwise be unable to enjoy a tasty brew.

It isn't a beer that I would want to drink on a regular basis, but if it was my only option to keep drinking beer, I would definitely be happy that it was available.



The bottle cap (and name) are pretty cool. As someone who loves Shakespeare, and goes to The Public Theater's Shakespeare in the Park every summer, the fact that there's a beer named after the Bard, and that it has a colorful cap with both a forwards and backwards "B" standing for Bard AND Beer--well, it fits in well with the crowns here at SCBC.

They also have a Magic Hat thing going on with a little phrase or question under the cap. Mine says "Would ninjas also excel at ballroom dancing?" This is an excellent question.  I suggest we discuss it in the comments here.

1 comment:

  1. IMO yes, ninja's would also excel at ballroom dancing... I know this because in Jack Black's movie, "Tenacious D - The Pick of Destiny", he clearly states that he never eats before a mission... "I gotta be light on my feet like a dancer. Like a f*@%in' Ninja,". So it must be true, light on your feet should equate to good dancing skills.

    In regard to undersides on caps... I'm not a fan, I prefer to get my visionary fun and the reassurance of the the collectible nature from the face of the crowncap.

    ReplyDelete