Tuesday, February 7, 2012

kutztown

I'm telling you, the trip to St. Louis this go-around really was an abundance of riches. I found yet another root beer from Pennsylvania: Kutztown. I will say this: I'm fascinated by the fact that so many microbreweries make root beer and birch beer, but not many tackle colas. Why is that? Do they just not want to compete with Coke and Pepsi? Why is there such a variety of root beers and cream sodas? It is like no one has cornered the market on root beer, cream soda, and sarsaparilla. But cola -- don't touch it with a 10-foot pole.

I don't have many notes from this tasting, but it was noted that this root beer was better than another one I bought (but haven't blogged about yet: stay tuned. I think that one is coming up next week).



The bottle cap, however, is very nice!  Bright yellow, bold lettering and a frosty mug of root beer highlighted in the middle. If i didn't know it was root beer I might think it was from The Simpsons!

No comments:

Post a Comment