Tuesday, September 20, 2011

philadelphia brewing co.

Between work, house-guests, and traveling, there just wasn't enough time to write up any posts last week. Despite not writing, I did continue to collect some great bottle caps!

One of the activities I recently took part in was watching the Phillies clinch the NL East. I went to the game with a Phillies fan and a Cardinals fan -- I'm a New Yorker, so I tried to remain neutral. But none of us had seen a baseball team clinch in person before, so it was a fun experience all around. There were a few fans who couldn't hold their liquor, though -- we witnessed someone topple down two rows of seats (rolling over people, no less) and almost get into a fight & thrown out of the park. Don't mess around with Phillies ushers. They wouldn't even let people congregate in the stairwells. I don't think I ever witnessed that in Yankee Stadium or Citi Field.

Near our hotel in Philly was a great international beer shop -- I found a couple of great ones (more on that later this week), as well as some nice local brews. The one I felt I had to buy was Philadelphia Brewing Co. When in Rome, right? I bought a Walt Wit to fit in with a continued literary theme that I have going on in my life.



I'll admit, the bottle cap got a bit dented (I need a better travel bottle opener!) so I will rely on a photo taken of a bottle cap in the window. Simple design: black on silver. Not super special, and it didn't seem that they have a variety of crowns to choose from. I didn't even realize that there was a brewery in Philly, but now I know the next time I visit I'll have to take a tour. Philly isn't that far away and I have many friends in the area, so I know I'll be going back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment