Monday, July 18, 2011

shiner ruby redbird

It has been hot in New York City. Granted, it's not as hot here as it was in Austin when I was there (or even when I was in the Midwest), but when you live in a city where everything stinks (the garbage, the sweaty people who press up against you in the subway), 90 degrees and high humidity can be a real bummer.

One of the bottle caps I got when I arrived in St Louis was Shiner's Ruby Redbird, which looks like an amazing beer: it's made with grapefruit and ginger. That sounds incredibly refreshing on a hot summer day. So it makes sense that the bottle cap advertises "the perfect summer beer."



I would not put this bottle cap on par with Shiner's Goat (or sheep, or whatever animal it is!) but it is a rather nice crown.

I'll have to see if I can find Shiner Ruby Redbird in my neighborhood. So far I haven't been able to find any. If you know where I can get these beers in the NYC area, let me know! I'll even take it on tap!

No comments:

Post a Comment