Monday, June 6, 2011

ale asylum

Yeah, with all of the selection at the Thief Wine Shop and Bar, there was no way I was leaving the Public Market with only two bottle caps. I admit it. I went back for more. There was an Ale Asylum Madtown Nutbrown that was calling my name. And with pretty lax rules about walking around the Market with open containers, sipping my Nutbrown and browsing the other vendors seemed like a perfectly reasonable way to spend another hour checking things out. We tasted some cheese at the West Allis Cheese and Sausage Shoppe . We smelled spices at the The Spice House. We discussed our plans for the afternoon (Harley Davidson Museum, shopping, etc).  We looked for more bottle caps!



The Ale Asylum has a pretty interesting theme going on: it makes me think of comic books and goth kids. As a former comic book store employee and a chick obsessed with The Sandman, I am totally cool with this association. The bottle cap uses some sort of gothic font, and black and silver can go a long way with those who love The Cure and Morrisey. And the Madtown Nutbrown? The label looks like gravediggers and crosses.

Most importantly, it falls in nicely with the overall theme of trying to really stick to the local breweries while in the Wisconsin region. I have a few more regional trips throughout the US coming up... if anyone has any suggestions for local brews in Austin or Kansas City, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment