Monday, June 20, 2011

dr pepper

Last week I had to travel for work. I went to Austin and Los Angeles. But working didn't keep me from my quest to find new and awesome bottle caps.

While I was in Austin, I managed to pop into a convenience store to check out the beverage situation.  And boy was I in for a treat.

Dr. Pepper is bottled just a few hours outside of Austin, and the so-called "weird city" has the privilege of not only having Dr Pepper made near by, but they also have original Dr. Pepper (made with real sugar --- not corn syrup).  And what did I find in the deli? A Dublin Dr Pepper! Hurray!



This was the one bottle that I didn't drink on the road -- I knew that Michael would want to taste it as well. Carefully wrapped in my clothes (and a plastic bag), the Dr Pepper traveled home with me for a delicious taste test right here in NYC.

The bottle cap is standard Dr Pepper fare. Nothing to really write home about. But the fact that its on a bottle made with real sugar makes it special in my eyes!

2 comments:

  1. welcome back. Great crown... do you have any info on the significance of the "23"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Crowncap Kidd! It's good to be back. I believe the 23 represents the "23 flavors" that mixed together in every bottle of Dr Pepper.

    ReplyDelete