Wednesday, August 10, 2011

brown's brewing

To be honest, I have not thought much about Troy, NY in the past. But then again, up until a few years ago I hadn't thought much of St. Louis or Kansas City, and now I know a lot about them!

I was sent a crown from Brown's Brewing Co by the Crowncap Kidd. (Thanks!!). It reminds me a lot of Kansas City's Boulevard Brewing Co's bottle cap -- it has the smoke stack and the brewery image.  The part I like best? (Can you guess?) It says "Cheers!" which is always welcome when opening a frosty brew.



After checking out Brown's selection of beer, my mouth started to water. Can I find their Cherry Raspberry Ale and Oatmeal Stout in NYC? Or their Pumpkin Ale? Gotta love the seasonals...

I am a fan of this bottle cap, and now a fan of the beer, and I haven't even tried it yet!  Here's hoping that I get to, soon.

Unfortunately, the schedule doesn't allow for posts next week. Drink a cold one for me, and see you on the flip side.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh... a woman after my own heart talking about Brown's. Brown's is my local brew pub and some of the best beer you'll find in the word. My favorite is the Brown Ale, but as you mentioned the Pumpkin is a seasonal that is an Autumn necessity. If you do make it to the tap room by all means ask for a "black cherry" the perfect blend of Oatmeal Stout and Cherry Raspberry Ale.

    Sadly I do not think you'll find Brown's much beyond a 100 mile radius of the Capital District of NY. Brown's is however working on a full scale brewery and that may indeed change their distribution range.

    ReplyDelete