Monday, August 29, 2011

route 66 soda & bottling

One of the best by-products of this blog are the surprises I get in the mail.  Recently, I received a very exciting bottle cap that I hadn't encountered before.

Route 66 looks like it makes fantastic sodas. Root beer, cream soda... black cherry! I've gotta get my hands on some of this.



This bottle cap is fantastic. It has the iconic Route 66 logo (which I have driven on!) and even says "From Chicago to L.A." I've even eaten at some Old Route 66 Landmarks -- the Ariston Cafe, Ted Drewes. I almost went to a movie in a working drive-in on Route 66 (but didn't, because the movie advertised was not the movie being shown. We didn't really want to see Hot Rod.)  Michael is, conveniently, from a town that is on Route 66, so I am luckily very familiar with the St. Louis to Springfield stretch of road.  So, this bottle cap has a special place in my heart, no matter what!

Someday, I will do the Chicago-to-L.A. drive of Route 66 and I will collect bottle caps along the way. And maybe I'll even drink a Route 66 Root Beer on the road. They can't pull me over for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment