Tuesday, August 30, 2011

palma louca

As I am sure you have noticed, and has even been discussed on this blog, I am not afraid to pick up an abandoned bottle cap off the ground and bring it home to have a second life in my collection and, potentially, on this blog.

Such was the case last week when I was walking home from work. My office is about a 10-15 minute walk from the subway in the West Village, and I often walk down a street that is lined with restaurants. The restaurants always seem to be changing. But there are a few standbys -- a great pizza place, an awesome sandwich shop that has amazing coffee, and a Korean place that I believe is partially-owned by Quentin Tarantino.

There is also a Brazilian restaurant that I pass on a fairly regular basis, but have never been inside. In its previous incarnation, it was a neat little brunch spot, and I went there a few times with friends. But for some reason, the Brazilian place isn't enticing me like it should (and it should -- I've now been to South America a few times!). Anyway, I was walking home from work, and near the Brazilian restaurant, in a freshly wood-chipped tree box on the sidewalk, I saw a blue bottle cap glinting in the evening sunlight. Palma Louca was looking back up at me, waiting to be taken home.



Did the Palma Louca bottle cap come from said Brazilian restaurant? I don't know. But if I were a betting woman, I'd say probably. According to their website, Palma Louca is a beer for the Brazilian style of fun. Which I assume means Carnival.. and well, some other weird stuff -- if you care to explore the website. I really don't know what else to say.

All in all, I'm just excited that I found a totally random, not as beat up as it could have been bottle cap in the West Village. Between this and Croatia, I really am spanning the world.

1 comment:

  1. good work! Love a nice sidewalk cap. By the way, the images seem to be a little better these days... a new camera, photography lessons, random luck? whatever it is, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete