Thursday, March 17, 2011

guinness

You knew it was coming. Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone! In honor of this wonderful day devoted to dying rivers and beer green and getting drunk beyond belief, I decided to spring for an Irish beer. Hmmm, I wonder if you can guess which one I chose....

There is a fantastic Irish pub down the street from me. It has an old-school jukebox, darts, Buck Hunter, and fresh-off-the-boat Irish bartenders. I should go there more often but I've been recently obsessed with a Mexican restaurant that has about 40 beers on tap and delicious french fries and fried ice cream. The Irish pub doesn't serve food. You can see where the problem is.


Anyway, in honor of my non-Irish heritage, I present a Guinness bottle cap. Classic, with the signature harp.

Guinness out of the bottle does not taste as good as Guinness out of the tap. And Guinness cans have those cool nitrogen widgets. It just doesn't compete. I know this is sacrilegious to say this on March 17th, but Guinness is not a favorite of mine. I have had many a friend explain the error of my ways, arguing that Guinness is the be-all-end-all when it comes to eating your beer like a meal. I hear you. Sorry. I just don't feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment