Wednesday, March 23, 2011

yarpivo

The International Grocery Store in my neighborhood will definitely be getting more of my business in the future.  One of the first beers I purchased there was Yarpivo, a Russian lager (note, the website is in Russian.)  Not only was this beer 99 cents, it was tasty, and has a cool cap (there is even a bear!).




We drank our Yarpivo while watching the movie The Hangover. Between the two of us, we polished off this beer and marveled at the fact that it didn't just taste like another Budweiser.  It had a slightly tangy flavor, and Michael thought it was kind of like a Blue Moon (if only we had some oranges!) We didn't drink enough to have a night like the guys in the movie, but I could have drank another one, if we had only brought more home.  But we like to limit ourselves to taste testing only one or two beverages per evening so as not to get too out of hand (or in my case, too behind in my reviews for this blog!). But all in all, it's a beer that, if given the chance, we would certainly buy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment