Monday, March 14, 2011

river horse oatmeal stout

A few weeks ago, at a friend's birthday party I was tasked with buying the birthday girl a drink.  She has traveled the world (Ireland, Scotland, Germany, just to name a few) and she likes her stouts.  We were at a bar known for its beers on tap and knowledgeable bartenders.  I went up and asked for something "dark and delicious."  I was given a River Horse Stout. I can say that one taste of the stout caused a chain reaction at our table and there were at least four more ordered within quick succession.


When walking home from dinner the other night, I stopped in the local international supermarket where, to my great delight, I found out that I can buy one bottle of beer at a time. What was the first purchase? A River Horse Stout.  I know, I know. Not international. But pay that no mind. I also purchased some other amazing beers from across the world, and I have a feeling the people at that grocery store will soon know me by name.

Anyway, back to River Horse.  This bottle cap meets many criteria for me. The beer is good. There is an animal on it. The only drawback I can think of is that it WAS rather difficult to get off of the bottle.  Beer companies be warned: I need to be able to remove the cap to drink the beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment