Tuesday, May 17, 2011

escudo

It has been a while since I have had a proper international post (apparently, there is some controversy about whether the Monty Python Ale is British or American) but a few weeks ago, when visiting my parents, we happened upon an Escudo Beer crown in the depths of my sister's bedroom.

She took a trip to Chile about 15 years ago on an exchange program. In her sentimental state she kept the bottle cap after she had mixed a beer and Fanta. (I know it sounds gross, but I've tried it and it's not that bad. It's almost like drinking a Blue Moon with an orange slice.)



When I was in Chile earlier this year I don't remember drinking Escudo, but we did have Cristal, Lemon Stones, and other interesting Chilean beverages (Bilz? Kem?). I've said it before and I'll say it again: it was an amazing trip, and if you want to go somewhere far away but not deal with jet lag (if you're in the US, of course), I highly recommend South America as a destination!

No comments:

Post a Comment